Want to make a difference right now? Visit us often for our current ‘wish list’ of things you can donate or sponsor to help us lend a hand up.
We need donated items to distribute at our upcoming Stand Down events.
• Jeans waist sizes 28 to 38
• Outdoor shoes size 8 to 12
• Outdoor living shirts
• Rain gear
• Small to medium size jeans
• Outdoor shoes sizes 6- 10
• Rain gear
• Outdoor shirts
WINTER ITEMS NEEDED
• 2 man dome tents
• Sleeping bags rated to zero degrees
• Weather proof insulated coat and pants
• Warm Underwear and socks
• Weather-proof, insulated gloves and fleece hat
• Insulated weather resistant boots - 800 grams or more.
• Back Pack
FOOD for homeless people requires special consideration. First, they suffer from malnutrition. It should provide protein, vitamins and minerals. Second they don’t have kitchens. It needs to be accessible without a can opener, and not need refrigeration AFTER opening. REMEMBER Plastic cups will crush. Canned fruits and vegetables, canned (with pull tabs is helpful) meats like Dinty Moore, tuna or meat-based soups and peanut butter in plastic jars. Here is an example of what to include in a bag of food:
• 2 cans tuna or salmon
• 6-pack small cans of fruit
• Jar Peanut Butter
• 3 cans meat-based soup with veggies
• Can Dinty Moore Stew
• 6-pack 12 oz V8 fruit or vegetable juice
HYGIENE items are always important. Think about access to facilities when you select items. For example, hand sanitizers that don’t need water are important.
• Soap/body wash
• Toothpaste, toothbrush and floss
• Foot powder
• Nail care
• Twin beds and mattresses
• End Tables and night stands
• Kitchen items
• Small kitchen tables with chairs
If you have other items you would like to donate to the organization, or questions about what we need or how you can help by donating your time or services, please call 570.664-6468 or e-mail email@example.com.